We are always in need of clean, gently used furniture and household items–the kinds of basic items typically used daily or frequently. Although the list below is not everything, it lists examples of the types of items needed. If you have questions about a particular item you want to donate, please call the office, 309-829-6500. Anything electric or electronic needs to be in working condition.
- Headboards & Bed Frames
- Mattresses & Box Springs
- Comforters, Sheets, Blankets, & Bed Pillows
- Bath towels, washcloths & dish towels
- Tables & Chairs (Especially Kitchen)
- Shower curtains & rings
- Microwaves, toasters, coffeemakers
- Mixers, toaster ovens, crockpots etc.
- Couches & Love Seats
- Easy Chairs & Recliners
- Entertainment Centers
- Cable-ready TVS 19 inch screen & larger
- DVD Players, Stereos & Radios
- End Tables & Night Stands
- Coffee Tables & Lamps
- Dishes, Glasses & Knives, Forks & Spoons
- Pots & Pans–especially medium and large
- Cooking Utensils
- Vacuum Cleaners
- Toddler Beds
- Computers, printers
Computer donations are safe. The hard drive will be completely wiped out and then reformatted under the Microsoft Authorized Refurbisher Program.
Below are listed examples of items we CANNOT take:
- Soiled, Torn or Broken Furniture
- Large Appliances (stoves, refrigerators, washer/dryers)
- Toys, Games & Puzzles
- Metal Office Furniture & Large Desks
- Baby Cribs with drop-down sides
- Car Seats and Strollers
- Luggage, Metal Trunks
- Crystal & Formal Dinnerware
- Outdoor Furniture
- Old Typewriters, Adding Machines, etc.
- Exercise Equipment & Bicycles
- Christmas or other holiday Decorations
To Drop-off Furniture Donations
You are welcome to drop off your donation directly at our warehouse during regular business hours. In most cases, we ask that you come to the warehouse door located in the alley directly behind our building, which is located in downtown Bloomington at 515 North Center Street. Our hours are Monday-Thursday 9am to 5pm and Saturday 9am to noon. Please call ahead and let us know you are coming, 309-829-6500.
To Arrange a Furniture Donation Pick-up
If you cannot drop off your donation, you can arrange for us to pick it up. Please allow at least a one week or more notice. Although we do not charge a fee to pick up items, we do ask for a voluntary donation to assist with the expenses related to the operation of the trucks. The donation can be of any amount, although $29 covers our expenses using a volunteer driver and helper. We appreciate and are thankful for your furniture and financial donations.
*All furniture and monetary donations are tax deductible. A written receipt will be provided.