If you would like to volunteer then e-mail us at email@example.com and we will send you an application to fill out and schedule a time for you to come in and learn more about RFF.
Our intake volunteers work directly with clients on a “by appointment” basis.
- Determining client needs through interview process
- Filling out required forms
- Collecting delivery fee (if applicable)
- Assisting clients in choosing household items
- Recording items
- Scheduling delivery
- * Clients are scheduled Monday through Thursday, 9am – 12pm and 1pm – 4pm
Light Work duties include: Sorting and stocking linens and kitchen items
*At the volunteers convenience
Heavy Work duties Include: Stocking furniture and loading the truck.
*Monday -Thursday: 8am – 12pm (or later depending on work load) and Saturday 8am-12pm
Our office volunteers help us manage the paperwork that accompanies services like ours.
- Filling Paperwork
- Data Entry
- Assisting with Various Mailings
- *During office hours, at volunteers’ convenience
Weekly Office Cleaning
This act of service creates a clean and welcoming environment for our clients and volunteers.
- Watering plants
- Removing trash
- Cleaning Bathrooms
*At volunteers’ convenience
Furniture delivery is one of our biggest areas of need. We are seeking strong, healthy individuals willing to load and unload furniture. This also includes picking up donations from members of the community.
- Valid driver’s license
- Good driving record
- Physical ability to lift and move furniture
*Truck Schedule: Deliveries and pickup of donated furniture: 5 to 7:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8 a.m. to noon Saturday.
Volunteers are also needed to ride along and assist with delivery and pickups.
- The physical ability to lift and move furniture
The frequent trips around the community take their toll on our delivery truck. This means it often needs a little TLC. The cost of labor can be expensive! If you have mechanical skills that you are willing to lend on an “as-needed” basis, please let us know!