FURNITURE DONATION FAQ
Thank you for your donations! Your donated furniture and monetary support make living spaces into homes for local families in need.
- Bath towels, washcloths & dish towels
- Cable-ready TVS 19 inch screen & larger
- Coffee tables & lamps
- Comforters, sheets, blankets, & bed pillows
- Cooking utensils
- Couches & love seats
- Dishes, glasses & knives, forks & spoons
- DVD Players, stereos & radios
- Easy chairs & recliners
- End tables & night stands
- Entertainment centers
- Headboards & bed frames
- Mattresses & box springs
- Microwaves, toasters, coffeemakers
- Mixers, toaster ovens, crockpots etc.
- Pots & Pans–especially medium and large
- Shower curtains & rings
- Tables & chairs (especially kitchen)
- Toddler beds
- Vacuum cleaners
Computer donations are safe. The hard drive will be completely wiped out and then reformatted under the Microsoft Authorized Refurbisher Program.
- Baby cribs with drop-down sides
- Car seats and strollers
- Christmas or other holiday decorations
- Crystal & formal dinnerware
- Exercise equipment & bicycles
- Large appliances (stoves, refrigerators, washer/dryers)
- Luggage, metal trunks
- Metal office furniture & large desks
- Old typewriters, adding machines, etc.
- Outdoor furniture
- Soiled, torn or broken furniture
- Toys, games & puzzles
You are welcome to drop off your donation directly at our warehouse during regular business hours. In most cases, we ask that you come to the warehouse door located in the alley directly behind our building, which is located in downtown Bloomington at 515 North Center Street. We are open Monday through Thursday 9 am to Noon to receive donations. Please call ahead and let us know you are coming at 309-829-6500
*All furniture and monetary donations are tax deductible. A written receipt will be provided.