WANT TO VOLUNTEER?
We are always in search of volunteers, who allow us to serve dozens of families each month. Positions don’t require any experience and include helpers for:
- Family Intake
- Office Work
- Office Cleaning
- Truck Driving
- Delivery Assistance
- Truck Maintenance
If you would like to volunteer, email Frank Downes at email@example.com to receive an application and schedule a time for you to come in and learn more.
Our intake volunteers work directly with clients on a “by appointment” basis.
- Determining client needs through interview process
- Filling out required forms
- Collecting delivery fee (if applicable)
- Assisting clients in choosing household items
- Recording items
- Scheduling delivery
Light Work duties include: Sorting and stocking linens and kitchen items
*At the volunteers convenience
Heavy Work duties Include: Stocking furniture and loading the truck.
Our office volunteers help us manage the paperwork that accompanies services like ours.
- Filling Paperwork
- Data Entry
- Assisting with Various Mailings
- *During office hours, at volunteers’ convenience
This act of service creates a clean and welcoming environment for our clients and volunteers.
- Watering plants
- Removing trash
- Cleaning Bathrooms
*At volunteers’ convenience
Furniture delivery is one of our biggest areas of need. We are seeking strong, healthy individuals willing to load and unload furniture. This also includes picking up donations from members of the community.
- Valid driver’s license
- Good driving record
- Physical ability to lift and move furniture
* We are scheduling pickups of furniture Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday 10 AM to Noon. On Tuesdays we pickup at 4:30 to 6:30.
Volunteers are also needed to ride along and assist with delivery and pickups.
- The physical ability to lift and move furniture
The frequent trips around the community take their toll on our delivery truck. This means it often needs a little TLC. The cost of labor can be expensive! If you have mechanical skills that you are willing to lend on an “as-needed” basis, please let us know!